Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What is new in math class?

I have introduced what I call a "Parking Lot." It is a place in the room where kids can leave comments for the blog. It is also a place where they can ask questions or make comments regarding class. Usually it will be a topic that he/she is not wanting to bring up in front of the entire class. He/she places the comment or questions on post-it notes (I leave a supply around the room.) and then places it on the the Parking Lot. I then bring up the topic the next day.

Then, each day after we go over homework I will check the Parking Lot to see if I need to discuss anything or re-teach a concept. Below are my first notes:

"Math was pretty cool today." Sommer M. 9/24 (I liked this one a lot!)

"I was so mad because somebody didn't do their homework." 9/24 (Classes earn rewards every fifth day when all work is turned in. This class had made it to day 6 when they had to drop back to zero days in a row!)

As time progresses I hope to have more student involvement with the blog. Baby steps!

No comments: